We're here to help
Find answers to our most frequently asked questions
Vibrant is an FDA-cleared, drug-free, state-of-the-art treatment for adults with Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC).
Laxatives and many prescription medications work by flooding the colon to move its contents through. This can result in unpleasant and unpredictable diarrhea. Vibrant works differently, sending out micro-vibrations as it passes through your colon. These micro-vibrations signal the colon to move its contents through, just as it is supposed to. This means you can have more frequent, more predictable, and more complete spontaneous bowel movements, with a low occurrence of diarrhea (1.2%) reported in clinical trials1,2,3.
Vibrant is only available by prescription, so ask your healthcare provider. Once he or she writes a prescription for Vibrant, you will be contacted by Carepoint, a specialty pharmacy, to set up delivery of the system directly to your home.
In clinical trials, Vibrant starting working within one week of taking it, and by the third week most patients had experienced significant improvement. The positive results continued for the remainder of the study period1. Always to be sure to take Vibrant as instructed. If you have any questions or concerns while you are taking Vibrant, be sure to contact your healthcare provider.
Specialty pharmacy will send you the Vibrant starter kit. It contains a multi-use activation pod for you to use at home, one-months worth of disposable drug-free capsules, and instructions to download the companion app. The app contains an e-diary for you to keep track of your progress.
Most likely, you won’t feel the micro-vibrations that the capsule sends out to your colon. In fact, only about 1 in 9 patients said they thought they could feel a vibration in clinical studies1. Even if you think you feel the vibrations, it doesn’t mean anything is wrong.
Once each capsule has done its job stimulating your colon, it passes through your colon and is eliminated with your natural bowel movement. You will get 20 disposable capsules per month (the recommended dose is 5 capsules per week).
The expected life of the Vibrant Pod is at least 3 years. Vibrant warrants the Vibrant Pod against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase. During the warranty period, Vibrant will, at its discretion, replace (with a new or recertified Pod, at Vibrant’ discretion) any defective Pod, subject to the conditions and exclusions stated herein. In the event that a Pod is replaced, the warranty period will not be extended beyond the original 3 years. This warranty is valid only if the Vibrant Pod is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. This warranty will not apply:
- If damage results from changes or modifications made to the pod by the user or third persons after the date of manufacture.
- If damage results from use of non-Vibrant capsules.
- If damage results from service or repairs performed by any person or entity other than the manufacturer.
- If damage results from a Force Majeure or other event beyond the control of the manufacturer.
- If damage results from a use by children or pets.
- If damage results from negligence or improper use, including but not limited to improper storage; water submersion that does not meet the instructions of the manufacture; or physical abuse, such as dropping or otherwise.
This warranty shall be personal to the original user, of the new or refurbished Pod. Any sale, rental or other transfer or use of the product covered by this warranty to or by a user other than the original user shall cause this warranty to immediately terminate. This warranty does not apply to Capsules and other accessories. The remedies provided for in this warranty are the exclusive remedies available for any breach hereof. Neither Vibrant nor its suppliers or distributors shall be liable for any incidental, consequential, or special damage of any nature or kind caused by or arising out of a defect in the product. All other warranties, expressed or implied, are excluded, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
For warranty claims, please contact [email protected]
We accept Vibrant Pod or capsule returns only after you, the original user, obtain our prior written or email return authorization.
We authorize product returns and will refund the purchase price you paid (net of insurance contribution or reimbursement) only if:
- Our product does not meet our product warranty terms (found at “Our warranty” on this page).
- Our product is damaged or defective at the time you receive the product, as long as you notify us of the damage or defect within one week after you receive the product as evidenced by your proof of purchase or other receipt, or
- You decide to return our product to us for any other reason within the first 30 days after we ship our product to you, as long as the returned product is new, unused, undamaged and in its original unopened packaging. Returns authorized under this clause (3) are subject to a $50 restocking fee.
We will provide a refund if a capsule is defective, as long as you notify us of the defect within one week after you tried to activate the capsule and return the claimed defective capsule to us for inspection. Refund will be prorated, based on the capsule count in a pack and the purchase price you paid (net of any insurance contribution or reimbursement), and will be issued after receiving the defective capsule(s) in our warehouse.
We do not accept returns or offer refunds in any other circumstances.
In clinical studies, some patients started feeling relief of their constipation within the first week of treatment and for most patients, relief continued throughout the 8-week study period. Individual results may vary1. If you have any questions, contact your healthcare provider.
If your healthcare provider diagnoses your condition as chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC), then you may be able to take Vibrant. CIC is constipation that doesn’t respond to laxative therapies for at least one month. Vibrant is not indicated for other types of chronic constipation, such as IBS-C or Opioid induced constipation. Please talk to your healthcare provider to see if Vibrant is right for you.
Vibrant should not be used if you have any of the following conditions:
- History of complicated/obstructive diverticular disease
- History of intestinal or colonic obstruction, or suspected intestinal obstruction.
- Clinical evidence of current and significant gastroparesis
- History of significant gastrointestinal disorder, including any form of inflammatory bowel disease or gastrointestinal malignancy (celiac
disease is accepted if you have been treated and it is in remission), and/or anal fissures and fistulas.
- History of Zenker’s diverticulum, dysphagia, esophageal stricture, eosinophilic esophagitis or achalasia
- Women who are pregnant or lactating
Please talk to your healthcare provider to see if Vibrant is right for you.
Yes. Vibrant has been studied in 6 multicenter clinical trails in over 135 gastro medical centers in the US. On the whole, Vibrant was been shown to significantly improve frequency of complete spontaneous bowel movements, cause less straining, more normal stools, and a better quality of life when compared with placebo. Additionally, no severe adverse events were observed during the clinical trials. Some side effects that may occur with Vibrant are abdominal pain, blood in stool, and diarrhea. In rare cases, obstruction may occur1.
Yes. Making Vibrant available only by prescription helps to ensure that it is used in the right situations and at the direction of your healthcare provider. This is common for treatments for Chronic Idiopathic Constipation.
Once a healthcare provider prescribes Vibrant, the prescription is sent to Carepoint, a specialty pharmacy. Carepoint will then contact you to get any additional information they need and set up delivery to your home.
Yes. If you do not activate the capsule by placing it in the pod, it won’t work properly. You will know when the capsule is activated when the green light on the pod lights up. Once it does, you can take the capsule with a glass of water.