Q: Vibrant capsule size
A: The size of Vibrant’s capsules is comparable to the standard size of vitamin capsules in the US, as well as and the video capsules employed used by Gastroenterologists for procedures such as video endoscopy.
You should not use the Vibrant System if you:
• Have a history of Zenker’s diverticulum (pouches in the lower part of the throat), dysphagia (trouble swallowing), esophageal stricture (abnormal tightening or narrowing in the throat), eosinophilic esophagitis (allergic condition in the throat) or achalasia (nerve damage in the throat prevents swallowing)
•Have a history of complicated/obstructive diverticular disease (small sacs in the colon)
• Have a history of, or have suspected, obstruction in your small intestine or colon
• Currently have significant gastroparesis (stomach is unable to empty itself)
• Have a history of significant gastrointestinal disorder, including any form of inflammatory bowel disease or gastrointestinal malignancy (celiac disease is okay if you have been treated and no longer experience signs or symptoms), and/or anal fissures and fistulas
• Are pregnant or lactating (breastfeeding)
The full list of potential adverse events, warnings and contraindications is listed in the Information for use. Click here to read.
Please discuss with your physician if Vibrant suitable for you.