Q: Is Vibrant suitable for patients with other medical conditions?
A: The Vibrant System is an orally administered Capsule that is indicated for the treatment of adults with chronic idiopathic constipation who have not experienced relief of their bowel symptoms by using laxative therapies at the recommended dosage for at least one month.
The Vibrant capsules are contraindicated for use under the following conditions:
- History of complicated/obstructive diverticular disease
- History of intestinal or colonic obstruction, or suspected intestinal obstruction.
- Clinical evidence of current and significant gastroparesis
- History of significant gastrointestinal disorder, including any form of inflammatory bowel disease or gastrointestinal malignancy (celiac disease is accepted if the subject has been treated and is in remission), and/or anal fissures and fistulas.
- History of Zenker’s diverticulum, dysphagia, esophageal stricture, eosinophilic esophagitis or achalasia
- Women who are pregnant or lactating
Please consult a physician to assess your medical conditions and decide whether Vibrant is suitable for you.